• When every leaf is a flower

by  • November 13, 2012 • Design, Fall, Garden • 6 Comments

One evening near dark, I lost myself as I wandered, looking for turning leaves around the place.

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”  Albert Camus French

“the quicker you are in attaching verbal or mental labels to things, people, or situations, the more shallow and lifeless your reality becomes, and the more deadened you become to reality, the miracle of life that continuously unfolds within and around you.” E Tolle

Leaf miners eat leaves in a pattern, never seemingly to cross its own path
    Leaf miners eat leaves in a pattern, never seemingly to cross its own path
    Another leaf miner et leaf
    Another leaf miner et leaf

“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change” Buddha

“when you look at it or hold it and let it be without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arrives within you.” E Tolle

See another design in Nature post

6 Responses to When every leaf is a flower

1. Jeanne Sammons
      November 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I see the beauty of Fall in these photographs…the changing of time …from the growing season to the season of ‘respite’ … I see texture, shape & color combinations that define the changing of the season. I see a woman who can feel the touch of nature & share that touch with others through her camera lens. Thank you, Sue L!

• November 13, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Thank you so much, Jeanne… I’m glad to share this and you can see the beauty and fun of these like I never would have expected…..

2. November 14, 2012 at 10:15 am

Just beautiful – Love the leaf juxtaposition photos. Thanks for the wise words – and on the major day of Diwali too, Hindu festival of lights – a good day for a reflective post.

3. November 14, 2012 at 11:10 am

It took me a long time as gardener to appreciate a sentiment as simple as every leaf being a flower. It wasn’t until I had a garden that was so shady that little would actually bloom, that I learned to appreciate the color, contrast, and texture of leaves. Without them, it wouldn’t have been much of a garden! Some of these a beautiful, and I’m quite envious that you have deciduous oaks!

4. November 15, 2012 at 7:09 am

So beautiful! Love the artistic beauty of every leaf!
      Happy Thanksgiving!

• November 15, 2012 at 7:31 am

Thanks so much, Carol. Getting in close seems to open up a whole new natural world, doesn’t it? Fun! ~~ Sue