• wordless watercolor wednesday

Mahonia aquifolium Oregon Grape

Mahonia aquifolium Oregon Grape

unknown daffodil

White daffodil, unknown variety

'Ice King' Daffodil

'Ice King' Daffodil

Hens and Chicks 'Cebenese', Sempervivum arachnoideum, with snow.

Hens and Chicks 'Cebenese', Sempervivum arachnoideum, with snow. See tiny, tiny green babies?

Weeping 'Candied Apple' Crabapple Malus'Weepcanzam'

Weeping 'Candied Apple' Crabapple, Malus 'Weepcanzam'

Daffodils cut and brought in before the storm. 'Ice Wings' in small glass vase.

Daffodils cut and brought in before the storm. 'Ice Wings' in small glass vase. Ice King and Ice Follies.

7 Responses to wordless watercolor wednesday

1. March 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm

lovely blooms…wish I had half of them..just the snow right now is all I have

2. March 24, 2011 at 1:53 am

Absolutely beautiful photographs, Sue! But now I know you’re a photographer by profession, I’ll no longer be surprised…I’ll just expect this high standard from you all the time 🙂

3. March 24, 2011 at 9:51 am

It’s good that you were able to get out between waves of weather to enjoy the garden. I really enjoy daffodils, but I’m limited to Ice Follies and a small handful of other varieties that will repeat in my warmer garden. Thanks for the floral sunshine this morning!

4. March 24, 2011 at 10:15 am

Donna, Spring, this year, will be very welcome!

Desiree, one of my goals is to take better photos. My problems …eyesight and unsteady hands. I need a monopod, I think. My brother says stop using the mini cameras.

James, these were taken during a bit of clearing sky between the two storms. Stormy skies can be pretty dramatic. I had problems with bulbs, too, when gardening in OC. I checked out your website, btw, pretty fantastic!

5. March 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm

wow what a lot of plants in flower you have, I know about lazy daffodils ;o) I have the same sometimes when the wind is a gale, the ones on my blog are the only ones in flower so far the others are in bud or just starting to grow, love all your creamy white ones, thank you for your nice cheery supportive comment on my WW post, Frances

6. March 26, 2011 at 9:24 am

Hi Sue!

I visited your brother’s website. His work is absolutely mindblowing! What I’d give to be able to have an eye like his and to be able to translate what he sees into such magnificent artworks! Wow!

• March 26, 2011 at 9:55 am

It’s funny, Desiree, He started doing more photography as he reached retirement age, just as I was closing up my wedding business. Now I take my inspiration from his work with scenery, although, I still love photographing people.