• Camellia ‘Yuletide’ Christmas

by  • December 13, 2010 • Fall, Plant Profiles • 7 Comments

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Yuletide Camellia Christmas Tree

Yuletide Camellia Christmas Tree, decorated now in siver balls and stars.

Since my ‘Yuletide’ Camellia, usually on the patio, is in full bloom, we decided to put it inside for our Christmas tree. With lights wrapped around the base and just a few silvery ornaments, it looks as festive as any tree we’ve had! Will watch it to make sure it does OK inside.  This one was a present from my husband two years ago. I’ve been feeding it regularly all summer and it is certainly performing now, true to its name. Does anyone else have one blooming?

7 Responses to Camellia ‘Yuletide’ Christmas

1. December 13, 2010 at 8:01 pm

What a great idea! Red and green, that sure works!

2. December 13, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Very creative! Living “ornaments!”

3. December 14, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I love it! What a fabulous ‘tree’. A perfect shape, and the ornaments are gorgeous. We don’t have any Camellias in this garden, and I miss having them around, but I’m sure if I planted one here the deer would devour it!

4. December 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Thanks! I like the single red with gold centered flowers, truly Christmasy. We have tons of deer here, I don’t think they eat ’em. This one is kept right out on the patio, usually. You might be able to have one, ..or two.

5. December 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm

6. December 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm

What a wonderful idea for a Christmas tree – absolutely perfect! Well done on “keeping it GREEN!”

7. December 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm