• ‘Dragon’s Blood’ and first snow

by  • November 21, 2010 • Fall, Plant Profiles • 8 Comments

Yesterday, Saturday

OK, I see it now. After several years of growing Sedum spurium ‘Dragon’s Blood’, I have only seen a bit of the flowers, which are supposed to give this plant its name. I’ve seen other folk’s examples showing the flowers, so I know it’s possible…until then, this Fall, I can now see the dragon’s blood that I do have.  And I like it!

Wheelbarrow of Dragon's blood sedum
    Wheelbarrow of Dragon’s blood sedum

Sunday, one day later…

Snow on the wheelbarrow

Snow, making a frosty blanket on the wheelbarrow of sedum

8 Responses to ‘Dragon’s Blood’ and first snow

1. November 21, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Amazing. I like the 1 day contrast of your photos. Is this the first snow this year?

2. November 21, 2010 at 3:29 pm

3. November 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Thanks and yes! Snows transforms, doesn’t it?. I’m adding your blog to my ‘likes.’ I also like your PG area, the beach drive and Vivolo’s.

4. November 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm

5. November 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I just love wheelbarrows as planters! I’m sorry you only got a glimpse of your sedum blooming (though that before & after is very amusing).

I think your Tagetes post would be great for the new blog carnival I’m hosting, if you’d like to submit it:

• November 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm

That wheelbarrow was found on trash day, one that a concrete contactor had obviously ‘used to death’, perfect and holey, for a planter. I’m not too proud to pick up something on the street.

I posted the Tagetes post to your link, and thanks!!

6. November 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm

• November 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I posted the Tagetes post to your link, and thanks!!